To the Pattern: Entrechat Pattern
Knitting for beginners:
If you need some help to start knitting you can easily start with help from video tutorials and simple knitting instructions. There are some basic skills that you might need in order to make most beginner knitting patterns. The stitches may be casting on, knit, purl, increase, decrease, yarn over and how to pick up stitches. Here are some links for you that might give you the help you need:
This lovely little shrug is knit seamlessly from the top down to the armpits. The raglan cap sleeves are then bound off and the back stitches are worked together with stitches picked up along each front raglans to form the body in one piece. This is a fun pattern and very easy to put together, with other words a perfect pattern for knitting beginners.
This is what you need to know:
- casting-on, knitting, purling, increasing, decreasing, picking up stitches, yarn over.
About the pattern:
This shrug is knit seamlessly from the top down to the armpits. The raglan cap sleeves are then bound off and the back stitches are worked together with stitches picked up along each front raglans to form the body in one piece.
- 0-3mo (3-6mo, 6-12mo, 12-18mo // 2-3yo, 3-4yo, 4-5yo, 5-6yo)
- Finished garment has cross-back measurement of 9 (9.75, 10.75, 11.5 // 12, 12.5, 13.25, 14.25) inches or 23 (25, 27, 29 // 30.5, 31.5, 34, 36) cm.
Materials for the project:
- US 8 or 5mm circular needles or size needed to get stockinette gauge.
- Note: garment is not knit in the round. Circular needles are needed because they hold all the stitches easily and because of their flexibility.:
- 2 stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- one 5/8-inch or 1.5 cm diameter button
Being part of a knitting class will give you so much fun and also a lot of knowledge and experience in the knitting area. Click the image and read more about the classes on the next page:
|Entrelac knitting||My first sweater – knitting class|